Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl

I think the older I get the more I understand the purpose and point behind creation… and the importance of love.
As some of you may know, I work with children… So a few days ago there was this little girl *Jasmine she’s very precious. I actually would go to work looking forward to the conversations we would have that day, the questions she would ask me and the different things she would share. From her favorite subject in school to her least favorite food and why. She had taken my heart and ran with it. Did I mention she was only six years old? Well yeah okay she’s only six years old missing her two front teeth weighs about 65lbs wet… brown skin, big sparkly eyes and soft baby hair in at least 5 ponytails…
Yesterday we were just talking… or maybe I was watching her play… and I noticed something different with her face. There was this dark scab under her left eye that was not there yesterday so I asked her.
“ Jasmine, what happen to your eye?” Thinking that this story was going to be really cute and adventurous.
“ Oh I hurt it with soap.”
“ No, *Jasmine your eye it has scab right there, what happen.” Thinking maybe she didn’t understand or hear my question the first time…
“ I hurt it with soap.” she repeated not looking up at me once. After a moment of silence she deiced to go and check it out for herself.
When she came back she was covering her eye and whimpering, when I asked her what was wrong she began to sob, that she didn’t know her eye was black and that she was ugly and it wouldn’t be gone by the time school started, and all I could do was hold her… I wanted to hold her forever because I knew someone wasn’t. Someone was not protecting this little girl… someone had… not loved her the way a little girl that precious should have been loved…
After my own personal investigation, I found out that her parents are divorced and when she’s at her Dad’s house things tend to be a little rough still nothing, but enough… Enough to put in perspective how we as little girls need our fathers to help start the trend of what love looks like and feels like when it’s sincere, bold and real. Now I know some may say well that’s what you have the love of Jesus for… he’s your father. And that’s such a great concept… but those same people either never had or have ran so far from the pain of not having that father that they forget. They forget because it hurts to bad to remember or they forget because they careless to deal with it. Either way I will never and can never forget or run from the faces that look like *Jasmines and mine. I can only SPEAK

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! That's really sad. It's so natural for kids to be so protective of their family members or loved ones even when they hurt them and they do It as kids yet some grown people aren't capable of protecting them and loving them the way they need to be loved as a natural ability...that's crazy!!

    ReplyDelete